Effective Date: April 2020
These are some of the types of personal information we collect:
- Name, surname, e-mail, telephone number and postal address;
- Credit card data (type of card, card number, cardholder name, expiration date and security code);
- Information about clients’ stays, such as arrival and departure dates, special requests, observations about your preferences in services (rooms, facilities or any other service used);
- Information related to your marketing preferences or that you provide us when you participate in surveys, contests and promotional offers;You can always choose the personal data (if any) that you want to provide us. However, if you choose not to provide us with some data, it may influence some of your operations.
The data we collect automatically
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
A. Reservations: we use your personal data to complete and manage your online reservation.
B. Customer service: we use your personal data to offer customer service.
C. Customer Comments: We may use your contact information to invite you by email to write a comment after your stay. In this way you help other travelers to choose the accommodation that best suits them. If you send a comment, it can be published on our website.
D. Marketing Activities: We also use your data for marketing-related activities, as permitted by law. When we use your personal data to do direct marketing, such as commercial newsletters and marketing communications about new products and services or other offers that we think you may be interested in, we include a link for you to unsubscribe, which you can use if you do not want you to let’s send more messages in the future.
E. Other communications: we may contact you by e-mail, by mail, by phone or by sending a message depending on the contact information you leave us. The reasons may be:
- We may have to respond to or manage requests that you have made to us.
- If you have not completed an online reservation, we may send you a reminder email to continue with your reservation. We believe this extra service is useful for you because it allows you to complete a reservation without having to search for the accommodation again and without having to fill in the reservation details from the beginning.
- When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to write a comment about your experience on our website. We believe that this extra service is useful for you and for us, so we can improve our website according to what you tell us.
F. Analysis, improvements and research: We use personal data to carry out research and analysis. We may use a third party to carry it out on our behalf. We may share or disclose the results of investigations, including third parties, anonymously and globally. We use personal data to carry out analysis, improve our services, offer a better user experience, expand functionality and achieve more quality in our online travel services.
G. Security, fraud detection and prevention: we use information, which may include personal data, to prevent fraud and other illegal or illicit activities. We also use this information to investigate and detect fraud. We may use personal data to assess risks and for security purposes, such as user authentication. For these purposes, we may share personal data with third parties, such as law enforcement authorities, as permitted by applicable law and external advisers.
H. Legal and regulatory compliance matters: in some cases, we must use the information provided, which may include personal data, to manage and resolve legal claims or litigation, to comply with regulations or for regulatory investigations, or to execute agreements or comply legal requests for law enforcement to the extent required by law.
If we use automatic means to process personal data that has legal effects or that may significantly affect you, we will apply the necessary measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms, including the right to obtain human intervention.
- Given purposes A and B, we depend on the fulfillment of a contract: the use of your data may be necessary to fulfill the contract you have with us. For example, if you use our services to make an online reservation, we will use your data to carry out our obligation to complete and manage the reservation according to the contract we have with you.
- Given the purposes of C to H, we depend on legitimate interests: we use your data for our legitimate interests, such as offering you the most suitable content for the web, e-mails and newsletters, to improve and promote our products and services , and the content of our website, and for the detection of administrative fraud and legal purposes. By using personal data to serve our legitimate interests, we will always put your rights and interests in the protection of your data above our rights and interests.
- Regarding purpose H, we also depend, when applicable, on our obligation to comply with applicable legislation.
- When necessary under applicable law, we will request your prior consent to process your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
If you want to oppose the process established in the CF points and you do not have any direct means at your disposal to reject it (for example in your account settings), to the extent that it is applicable, contact email@example.com.
International data transfers
Alberg de Berga follows reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access and inappropriate use of information that includes personal data. We use appropriate management systems and procedures to protect and safeguard information that includes personal data. We also use security procedures and physical and technical restrictions on access and use of personal data on our servers. Only authorized personnel can access personal data during their work.
Your options and rights
We want you to be in control of how we use your personal data. You can do it in the following ways:
- You can ask us for a copy of the personal data we have about you;
- You can inform us of any change in your personal data, or you can ask us to correct any personal data we have about you;
- In some situations, you can ask us to delete, block or restrict the processing of personal data that we have about you, or you can object to us using your personal data in any specific way; and
- In some situations, you can also ask us to send the personal data you have given us to a third party.
When we are using your personal data under your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time subject to applicable law. Furthermore, when we are processing your personal data based on legitimate interest or public interest, you have the right to object at any time to such use of your personal data subject to applicable law.
We depend on you to ensure that your personal data is complete, accurate and current. Please inform us quickly if there are any changes or inaccuracies in your personal data by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We will manage your request in accordance with the applicable legislation.
Questions or complaints
If you have any questions or concerns about the processing of your personal data by us, or want to exercise any of the rights that you have pursuant to this notification, please contact us at email@example.com. You can also contact the local data protection authority with any questions or complaints.
Changes to the notice